Yes, I know it’s been about six months since I lasted posted anything! I think I’ll use college as an excuse this time, but really I’ve had very little to write about. One thing that I neglected to do at the end of 2013 was to sum up how the year went, so I might as well do that now… The highlights of the open water season for me were:
- Winning the 5 km at GaddinAbtGarnish with a new PB of 1:08:24 (my report here).
- Swimming in the Martin Duggan Memorial Swim for the first time (my report here).
- Setting a new Irish record for an English Channel 2-way relay with my friends on team Crosóige Mara in July (my report here).
- Setting a new male record for Round Jersey also in July (my report here).
- Swimming around the Old Head of Kinsale and through the tunnel connecting Holeopen Bays East and West with Ned Denison.
- Completing the first ever non-stop swim from Fermoy to Youghal (60 km down my own River Blackwater) in just over 12 hours in August (my report here).
- Winning the Irish 10 km Championships in Camlough Lake, Co. Armagh just a week later (my report here).
- Of course, swimming in VI Marnaton “eDreams” Cadaqués in Catalonia with some amazing company (my report here).
I will have another post coming very soon (within a few days, hopefully) about how this winter has been going in the pool. It has been very different from previous winters I’ve gone through, especially in recent years…