So this weekend the clocks went back and Mr. Finbarr Hedderman declared the summer swimming season at Sandycove Island over. Since I have no big swims planned for the winter swimming season I’ll start blogging with reviews of some of my most enjoyable swims this summer, including:
- My 3-stage descent of the River Blackwater from Fermoy to Youghal.
- My swim from mainland Donegal to Tory Island.
- My swims around Cape Clear and Ringarogy in West Cork.
This was also my first summer of crewing on English Channel swims so I’ll be reflecting on the four swims that I crewed on this summer, including FINA World #1 Trent Grimsey‘s record-breaking 6 hour 55 minute swim! You can also expect some nice photographs, I didn’t bother with any non-picturesque swims this year…
- Blackwater Project: Part 1 – Background to the Project (FermoyFish.com)
- Blackwater Project: Pictorial Addendum to Part 1 (FermoyFish.com)
- Blackwater Project: Part 2 – Fermoy to Ballyduff (FermoyFish.com)
- Blackwater Project: Part 3 – Ballyduff to Cappoquin (FermoyFish.com)
- Blackwater Project: Part 4 – Cappoquin to Youghal (FermoyFish.com)
- Blackwater Project: Part 5 – Reflection (FermoyFish.com)